Best Things To Do In Budapest
Discover the Best Things to Do in Budapest - Top Attractions and Hidden Gems
Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is a city that combines history, culture, and natural beauty. Whether you're interested in exploring historic landmarks, indulging in delicious Hungarian cuisine, or relaxing in thermal baths, Budapest has something for everyone. In this guide, we'll explore the best things to do in Budapest, including top attractions and hidden gems.
Explore Historic Landmarks
- Buda Castle: This iconic castle complex dates back to the 13th century and sits atop a hill overlooking the Danube River. Visitors can explore the castle grounds, visit the Budapest History Museum, and enjoy stunning panoramic views of the city.
- Hungarian Parliament Building: One of Budapest's most famous landmarks, the Hungarian Parliament Building is a stunning example of neo-gothic architecture. Visitors can take a guided tour of the interior or admire the building's exterior from the banks of the Danube River.
- St. Stephen's Basilica: This beautiful church is named after Hungary's first king and is known for its impressive dome and intricate artwork. Visitors can climb to the top of the dome for breathtaking views of the city.
Indulge in Hungarian Cuisine
- Goulash: A hearty stew made with beef, vegetables, and paprika, goulash is a quintessential Hungarian dish that you can find at many restaurants throughout the city.
- Chimney cake: Known locally as kürtőskalács, this sweet pastry is made by wrapping dough around a cylinder and roasting it over an open flame. It's then coated in sugar and topped with various flavors, such as cinnamon or nutella.
- Langos: A savory fried dough that's topped with sour cream, cheese, and various meats or vegetables. It's a popular street food in Budapest and can be found at markets and food stalls throughout the city.
Relax in Thermal Baths
- Széchenyi Thermal Bath: One of Budapest's largest and most popular thermal baths, Széchenyi is known for its stunning neo-baroque architecture and relaxing outdoor pools. Visitors can soak in the hot springs, enjoy spa treatments, and even play chess while in the water.
- Gellért Thermal Bath: Located in a beautiful art nouveau building, Gellért is known for its indoor thermal pools and stunning mosaics. Visitors can relax in the hot springs, enjoy a massage or sauna, and even attend yoga or aqua fitness classes.
- Rudas Thermal Bath: Dating back to the 16th century, Rudas is a historic thermal bath that features an octagonal pool and beautiful Ottoman architecture. Visitors can relax in the hot springs, enjoy a steam bath, or even attend a rooftop party with stunning views of the city.
No matter what your interests are, Budapest is a city that will leave you mesmerized. With its rich history, delicious cuisine, and relaxing thermal baths, Budapest has something for everyone.
Looking for a stress-free way to plan your next trip? Don't hesitate to try PlanTripAI.
Our AI-powered travel planner creates a personalized itinerary for you in seconds, complete with recommendations based on your interests, preferences, and budget.